A burrito that is delicious and healthy? Count me in! This burrito is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. I make this burrito vegan, but if you would like to add some shredded cheese or chicken to it, feel free!
Before we start, I'd like to take a moment and talk about my love for broccoli. 1 serving of cooked broccoli has 25 calories, 2 grams of protein, 2.6 grams of fiber, and 0 grams of fat. Broccoli is high in calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamins A and C, and Folic Acid. Broccoli may contain as many as 10,000 different phytochemicals. These are some of the reasons I love broccoli so much, another is its versatility, it can be cooked or raw and used in almost all types of cuisine.
Ingredients: 1 can of black beans (drained), Broccoli, Whole wheat tortillas, Mushrooms, Spinach, Tomato, Lime, Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Cayenne Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
How To Make It:
1. Wash and prepare all your ingredients, since this is going to be wrapped in a tortilla we need it to be small and roughly all around the same size. The mushrooms should be quartered, the broccoli should be chopped in chunks, and the spinach can be left as is.
2. Drizzle about 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the bottom of the pan over medium to high heat.
3. Once the pan is heated, add the ingredients, starting with the broccoli for about 1 minute, then add the black beans, after about 2 minutes add the mushrooms and spinach.
4. Now add the spices, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Finally turn off the heat and add the lime juice.
6. While you are heating up the whole wheat tortilla, you can chop up some tomatoes and cilantro for a fresh little pico de gallo.
7. Assembling the burrito: Lay the tortilla flat, add the bean and vegetable mixture, then add the pico de gallo and finally wrap it up, I stuck a toothpick and a small slice of lime on top for presentation.