1 can of fava beans
1/2 an onion
1/2 a bunch of parsley
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make it:
1. In a small/medium saucepan heat up your fava beans with the liquid and add more water to cover the beans, bring to a boil and then set aside to cool.
2. While you are waiting for the beans to boil, chop the onion, tomato, and garlic into small pieces and put in a bowl
3. Add the salt and lemon juice to the bowl
4. Add the drained beans to the bowl and mix it all together
5. Chop the parsley and add to the bowl
6. Finally add the olive oil
7. Enjoy with some warm pita bread or as is!
Fun Fact: If you are worried about having garlic breath all day, the parsley counteracts the strength of the garlic and minimizes that garlic breath, Yay!