These mushrooms and asparagus can be made in under 20 minutes and are a great side dish to almost anything. The recipe is very simple and the outcome is delicious and healthy!
-high in fiber, vitamins A, C, E, & K, and chromium
-contains glutathione (detoxifying compound) and is an antioxidant this helps fight different types of cancers
-high in folate which can help prevent cognitive impairment
-is a natural diuretic which will increase urination and help rid the body of excess salts
- good source of protein, fiber, potassium, phosphorous, and vitamins B & D
-low in calories, fat, carbs, and sodium
-green asparagus spears
-3 or 4 garlic cloves
-about 10 chives
-half a lemon
-no salt seasoning
-salt and pepper
How To Make It:
1. Wash the mushrooms and asparagus and snap off the bottom of the asparagus. Chop up the garlic cloves and set aside.
2. Heat up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan
3. Add the asparagus when pan gets hot, after a couple minutes add the garlic cloves stir around.
4. Next add the mushrooms ( I split the pan in half to make plating easier and so the mushrooms don't break)
5. Add the salt, pepper, and seasoning
6. Finally once the veggies are cooked add the balsamic and half the chives and let it simmer for 2 minutes. DO NOT over cook the veggies, they will get wilted and lose a lot of their nutrients !
7. Plate the veggies and finish with the juice of half a lemon and garnish with the rest of the chives. Enjoy as a side dish to steak and chicken or with brown rice.