Cauliflower is a great vegetable to have in your diet, like almost all vegetables, cauliflower has little to no calories, fat, sodium, and cholesterol. Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, Folate, Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin B6. This recipe also includes the use of cumin, a very beneficial spice that adds tons of flavor and is packed with health benefits such as: aids with digestion (will help prevent gas/bloating effects of cauliflower), is great for your immune system (helps prevent some cancers), is great for your respiratory system (asthma, bronchitis), and may help solve insomnia problems as well!
Needless to say, this recipe for cauliflower is a dynamic duo on both a flavor level and a nutritional level!
1/2 a head (approximately 2 cups) of cauliflower, washed, dried, and chopped.
2 garlic cloves, chopped.
1/4 cup of vegetable oil (canola)
1 Tablespoon of cumin (or more if you love the taste, like me :D)
1/4 Cup of parsley, chopped.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Farhenheit.
2. Place the washed, dried and chopped cauliflower on a baking pan.
3. Add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix the cauliflower so each piece is fully covered with oil and spices.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook or the cauliflower will get mushy.
5. Add the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and the juice of one lemon.
6. Serve and enjoy as a side dish with any lean protein, or as an appetizer with some pita bread.
Optional: sprinkle some paprika on top for a nice color.