Chicken is one of my favorite proteins to work with, it's a lean protein that absorbs any marinade and spices its made with and really absoebs all the flavors! I chose to accent the Dijon mustard in this recipe because it adds loads of flavor without the fat and a minimal amount of calories.
5 chicken breast cutlets
2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
4-6 garlic cloves
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste (I used about a 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper)
2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
How to make it:
1. Defrost the chicken if was frozen and then take out of the package and place on a cutting board. Chop the chicken into bite-sized cubes and place it in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Chop the onion and garlic into small roughly chopped pieces and place them in the bowl with the chicken.
3. Chop the fresh cilantro in a roughly fine chop and add to the bowl.
4. Add the Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Thoroughly mix everything together.
6. In a skillet heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
7. After about 2 minutes add the chicken mixture to the skillet and let the chicken cook thoroughly (about 10 minutes)
8. Make sure the chicken is cooked by slicing one of the pieces and making sure it is white the whole way through inside.
9. Transfer the chicken to serving dish and enjoy with rice or as is!