This recipe for twice baked potatoes is warm, flavorful, and still light!
Potatoes are the most popular vegetable in the world, they are nutritious and very inexpensive.
Potatoes are high in fiber (especially the skin), protein, vitamin C, Iron, vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Potassium. Many studies have proven that potatoes can help with blood pressure, heart disease, inflammation, skin, and digestion.
4 Russet Potatoes
Olive Oil (for rubbing the outsides)
4 Green Onions
1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
Paprika (for topping)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: Cheddar Cheese
How To Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Thoroughly wash all the potatoes with a scrubber and then dry them.
3. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and then individually wrap them with foil. Take a knife and poke the potatoes wrapped in foil about 4 times to let the steam release.
4. Bake the potatoes for about 2 hours or until cooked.
5. Unwrap all the potatoes and cut them into halves.
6. Chop 4 green onions and set aside in a medium/large bowl. Scoop out the cooked potato leaving a somewhat thick layer above the skin.
7. Mix together the potato (insides), green onions, and light sour cream. (if the mixture seems too dry add more sour cream).
8. Place the mixture back inside the potato skins and top it off with a sprinkle of paprika. Optional: add shredded or cubed cheddar cheese on top.
9. Place the potatoes back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until golden.
10. Carefully remove the potatoes and enjoy!