Super excited about this salmon recipe! Dijon anything is ridiculously tasty, and when paired with salmon, garlic, onion, chives (3 great aromatics), and cayenne pepper, it made an awesome flavor combination.This meal was super quick and easy to make, I baked the salmon and the Brussels sprouts in the oven and while that was baking I made an easy simple salad of arugula. The salmon is a fresh wild caught sockeye salmon (my favorite). Forewarning whenever you are cooking with a fish filet, be sure to check for small bones that could still be hiding in there.
This meal is high in protein and good fats, and low in simple carbohydrates and saturated fats. The salmon is high in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, niacin, phosphorus, biotin, choline, and vitamin B6. The Brussels Sprouts are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, fiber, manganese, potassium, and omega 3 fatty acids. The side salad of arugula is a good source of vitamin C (antioxidant), calcium, folate, vitamin K, and vitamin A. Overall this meal is nutrient dense meeting many of your essential macro and micro nutrients.
1 lb Wild Sockeye Salmon
1 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 lime (zest and juice)
1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust if you don't like spice)
1/4 onion sliced
2 garlic cloves sliced
10 chives chopped
How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, place salmon filet on foiled baking sheet and add the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, zest of lime and lemon, and the dijon mustard.
2. Add the onion and garlic slices, chives, citrus juices, and olive oil.
3. Securely wrap the salmon in foil and place in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. (be sure to check on it after 15 minutes to see where it is at, should be light pink but still juicy)
|Finished salmon product|
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees on roast. Wash and half about 20 Brussels Sprouts and place on a baking sheet. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat the brussels sprouts and 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon herb seasoning.
5. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking process. They should be crispy on the outside.
Toss the brussels sprouts with some Parmesan Cheese and serve
Serve with a simple arugula salad: 2 cups arugula, 1 cucumber, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.